Saturday, July 01, 2006

ASH Artesia, NM

Overall the trip was amazing and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I was able to grow closer to God and make a great connection and friendship with a boy named M. He is saved and he was so desperate to know more about the Lord and to read scripture with me. The boy is an incredible blessing to me because I learned that you can grow close to a stranger even in a couple of days, as long as God is on your side. This kid was an inspiriation to me and I literally treated him like my little brother. The best part of the week was wednesday on M's birthday. He ran to me when he first saw me and gave me a high five which made my day. I'm so blessed to have experienced M's love that God placed in his heart. I would promise to anyone that missions will change you. I am now ready to complete the mission in my hometown of Artesia. I am also trying to decide about my plans next summer about maybe being an intern.